Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Madera Canyon, Hike on Oct. 24, 2009 (Part 3 and done)

On going here....still up, on yet another switch back...a pretty one too...

Very pleasant along here for sure. The view is sparse of forest , secondary to the fire of 2005. Saw alot of burned trees interspersed .  Considering it was only 4 years ago.  Amazing to not see alot worse.


View of a "finger rock"  Yes I DID get up to that, and go PAST it and looked down at it.  GOLLEE!

Beauty along the way

Hey this is looking DOWN to the trail I came up on....2 in the distance.
Can you see them?

At Baldy Saddle...WOW...what a view from here....like sitting on TOP of the world for sure! The far mountain, I believe is Mt. Graham.  I lived at the base of that Mt. 8 months.  Hiked a bit back then, but NOTHING like I am doing now.  ONE DAY...I do want to hike there....

Not sure the mountains seen here in the distance. What a view!


The fire affecte this side of the mountain alot more obviously.

This trail continues to the peak of Mt. Wrightson in the distance.  .9 miles from here.  I WILL do that in the future....the view from there is even more
phenominal than at the saddle.
There while I was resting with a snack, this nice oriental fella arrived.  He had been there before, with snow here.  NO THANKS!
I left here at 1:30 pm.  It took me 5 hours up there...wasn't sure about the trip down!

Last view for now.

This pine reminds me of the Bristol pines , in that you can see how it formed in the wind....and it WAS windy up there too.  VERY windy, and COLD!!!!

Here we go down.....

Hey couldn't resist!

Looking up from the trail as I am going down.  WOW.

This very green tree, was a surpise in light of all the color up there.

again, looking up the hill...

Resting at Josephine Saddle...looking back up where I came from.

Getting there ?! BOY...couldn't believe only 3 hours to hike down.  That was something else.

The peak I will scale the next adventure!!! 9,4530 feet
Highest point in the area around Tucson, Arizona

Driving away, with the afternoon soon creating alot of beauty!

Back towards Tucson....Catalinas in the distance...
Amazing thing is my work here goes automatically into a SAVED site, thank goodness....because while I was posting here it crashed!

Well that is it for this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment