Saturday, October 3, 2009

Caltalina State Park, Sutherland and 50yr. old trail, Part 1

I cannot post all my hike here in this one blog, so will do it in parts.  Really was beautiful, overcast, though not enough, since I forgot my sunscreen and discovered I DID get a slight sunburn on my arms.  Anyway....started out from the parking lot trailhead...

Starting out, pretty easy trail, so far.


The trail here includes the Canyon loop and Sutherland, which I chose for my hike..


Ok, this is still both trails.  I was happy to see it winding through this kind of scenery. 


First Wash crossing.  I believe this is the Sutherland Wash.


Back across the same Wash. 


Trail is pretty wide here.  Obviously well traveled. Wider to accompodate more folks.


The only "rest stop" with a bench that I saw.


Moving on


This is still 2 trails in one. This part with wooden steps.


Another crossing of the same Wash.  Beyond the trails separate.


Sign post where the trails split. Oh if I had only known what this would mean when I kept on going towards the mountains!


From the sign post, the trail goes UP again, via wooden steps.

Will continue later....

No comments:

Post a Comment