Tuesday, May 24, 2011

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK....lots to see.....and my next hike...

Will start with some of the many signs they have around the Valley.  This one tells alot about the falls, and thought I would share it.
And this rock formation.  Got a closeup over it.

The neat thing about this one, shows a picture of the Valley in 1889 and today.  Interesting.
And the Merced River that runs the length of the Valley
The story board posted on this river.
More of the river with Half Dome in the Distance.
Well there was a photogapher while I was at the medow, and he took this for me .
After I left this spot, headed over to the MIST trail.  Lucky to find a place to park.  LOTS of folk there ahead of me.
This trail goes throug a Fen medow....with a boardwalk over it, due to fact it is a BOG! Green and very pretty,  Lots of birds there.  No animals visible at this time.
Path from the bog to the head of the Mist trail.
We cross over this roaring river coming from both the Nevada falls and Vernal. WOW!
Trail begins here....
Come to this sign, with LOTS of trail and hiking choices.  Maybe another day....but I had a goal, Vernal Falls...
Anyway, ONWARD and upward.  This trail was PAVED all the way....amazing to me.  AND went uphill most of the way, NO switch backs! Hard to believe it was only .8 miles, course you had to hike a good mile just to get here!
Gets me how people hiked up here, one couple the girl was wearing short shorts and sandles, NOT what you would even walk in for a distance.  Another couple, cracked me up as they hiked slow and rhythmically one behind the oither, especially where the trek was hard, guess it was to save all the way, breath, heart, legs?!  ME, I was always past them.  I could not see a problem.  I DID take time to rest a minute at a time several times when my HR was over 140!
More from this trail along with the Falls.  Vernal and Nevada can only be seen on this hike. I never knew that!

No comments:

Post a Comment