Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Continuing my hike on August 19, 2009

Well, I found this trail to be really nice. However, I THOUGHT I was on the Sweetwater trail....I did not really look well at that map. I ended walking the Thunderbird trail. Oh well, there are so many out there, more for later. I had NO idea all this was in these mountains. They really look so boring, but they are NOT!!

ANYWAY,
Along this trail was a Crested Saguaro. There are alot of them around Tucson. It is a mutation during growth. I don't think they really know what causes it.



One area of the trail here going through one of MANY washes. Looks pretty smooth here.

I got on a piece of trail that had me on a ridge. Looking for anything to
photograph, I spotted this "rack" walking!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!



Continuing on....Alot of the trail was similiar to this. Really beautiful
out there.




Posted my Walking pole against this Barrel Cactus to show the size of it.
I HAVE seen bigger years ago. When I spot another one day, I shall enjoy photographing that one....
Ok , if I could figure how to post all my pictures at once I would, but seem to have to do this in segments.
ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment